Google Camera is the camera app used by Google on their phones. Compared to other brands, pictures taken with this app are usually more detailed and have a better dynamic range, especially in hard conditions (low light, indoors, etc).
While Google Camera (GCam) itself can be installed on most Android phones, the features that make it a good app don’t work on non-Google phones. For example, it takes pictures, but it doesn’t use Google’s HDR+ tech which is what makes GCam good.
What is GCam Mod?
GCam Mode brings the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensures that all features work with them. There are several versions of GCam. Some versions are for multiple Android smartphones, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone.
Several developers and modders work to enable all functionality and fix bugs on other phones. Since Google made GCam work only on their phones, a lot of work must be done for it to work on other devices.
Join our Samsung Channel on Telegram:
These are stable Google Camera versions compatible with the Samsung devices:
You can download Google Camera 7.3 for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Download GCam 7.3
You can download the Gcam 7.3 from different developers:
GCam UltraCVM (Based on Arnova’s 5betaFinal.7.3.020 builds):
GCam 7.3 Parrot043
- MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043_V3.apk (Parrot043, 2020-05-11, changelog)
- MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043_V2.apk (Parrot043, 2020-05-11, changelog)
- MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043_V1.1.apk (Parrot043, 2020-05-09, changelog)
GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05.
- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8.apk (Urnyx05, 2020-05-14, configs, changelog)
- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.7-fix.apk (Urnyx05, 2020-04-29, configs, changelog)
GCam 7.3 Arnova8g2
- GCam_5betaFinal.200510.2111build-7.3.020.apk (Arnova8G2, 2020-05-10, configs, changelog)
- GCam_5betaFinal.200323.1624build-7.3.020.apk (Arnova8G2, 2020-03-22, configs, changelog)
How to download and install Google Camera on your smartphone:
The procedure is quite simple and you just need to follow the instructions below:
- Download the APK provided
- Select and Install it (Allow app installation from external sources).
- Open the Google Camera (Once the icon appears in your launcher).
Compatibility and requirements:
- Only works on phones with the camera2 API enabled;
- Mod compatible with modern Snapdragon SoCs. Some versions work on some Exynos.
- Most APK only support ARM64;
- Recent APK may not work on older Android versions;
- Requires GApps or a replacement like microG (more info);
- Android only;
Let us know in the comments below if you face any issue with the above GCam version.