Call of Duty League 2021 season has already started, with the opening weekend hosted by Atlanta FaZe featuring four days of Black Ops Cold War matches from all teams in the league. Players don’t miss the live and demand action on YouTube.com/CODLeague.
In the meantime Call of Duty releases another update that provides new fixes and improvements to Zombies, League Play, and Express in MP, as well as a new quality of life UI additions for living standards. The Double Weapon XP weekend also continues from Tuesday, February 16, in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
For League Play participants going to this weekend’s event, the developer has added RC-XD to the list of limited score strikes and enforced the Ricochet Rules to repeat friendly fires in league play matches. After several attempted team assassinations, the offending players are eliminated. Everyone is kept clean.
Additionally, for the first time, Black Ops Cold War players will be able to stay fresh on their favorite team stand throughout the 2021 season in-game on the entire CDL schedule and on the CDL channel in League Play. Now a friend who likes a competition has no other need to ask for time to play OpTic.
Here’s what’s new in the update:
- Addressed an issue with the League Play button showing up in Combat Record in the Barracks.
- Addressed an issue where all non-Master Calling Cards were displaying negative values in the Challenges menus.
- Addressed an issue where it was possible to capture a Hardpoint outside of a zone in Express Hardpoint.
- RC-XD is now restricted.
- Friendly fire will now convert to ricochet damage after the 2nd teamkill and return damage to the attacker. Players will be kicked after 2 additional attempted teamkills after that.
- Added “Results Processing” display.
- Improved visuals on the “Processing Ladder Result” display.
- Addressed an issue that could incorrectly display details from the previous League Play Event.
- Addressed an issue where the player was unable to scroll up and down the League Ladder.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a player to be teleported out of the map when other players interacted with the teleporter in the Village area.
- Closed an exploit allowing the player to stand on the Crafting Table.
- Addressed an issue where the upgrade icon was grayed out when the player had enough to upgrade at the Arsenal.
- Added “Seasons” icon for “Firebase Z” Challenges in the Challenges menu.