Not much is known about it, but we can expect that it will focus on the imposters looking around the map while the crewmates hide rather than stealthy murder and deception.
On June 15, the day is the third birthday of the game, Among Us introduce its new update, from now lobbies can be expanded from a maximum of 10-15 players, part of the new update, not only is the games out on PC, Nintendo Switch, mobile, and soon Xbox and PlayStation, but the developers also have this GIANT community of Crewmates and Impostors all over the world.
Adding to this, the update also brings you a new color for crewmates for, mobile control support, and the ability to honk at the airship game level. Here’s a look at all of the player colors being added to the game: tan, coral, banana, rose, gray, and maroon.
To celebrate, 15 player lobbies are OUT NOW, which includes things like:
- An improved art style (subtle, but cleaner and easier for us to animate) – 4K BEAN GRAPHICS ARE THE FUTURE.
- 6 brand new colors: Tan, Gray, Banana, Rose, Maroon, and Coral — I have seen absolute blood baths in the comments section of people claiming Rose and Banana for their mains. Be safe out there. The pastel stans are thirsty for their cute colors, and rightfully so. (Also I know these colors are not super colorblind-friendly – we want to move away from colors being the main way people identify Crewmates, so hang tight!)
- Mobile controller support — Yay!
- A new kill screen meeting menu that indicates who died between rounds — Yeah that’s right I know you don’t keep track of who dies!! This is a callout to you, Steve. (I don’t know Steve but whoever is named Steve must be really freaked out right now.)
- Ability to honk horn added to The Airship – If you have the “Stabilize Steering” task, bop the horn to honk it. Most important update in my humble opinion.
The update is available for all platforms that you can play Among Us, including PC, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch. The PlayStation and Xbox version is also in development and is expected to be released later this year.
A big change on Android (Google Play Store, specifically) is the additional downloads that are required after you launch the game for the first time. This is because we separated the map assets out from the base game to make the initial download size smaller.
And various bug fixes:
- The shop works in multiple languages again
- Right Hand Man skin kill animation makes the WEEEEH sound again
- Kick/Ban icon remains persistent on-screen if chat is open after voting ends
- Made it more clear you can change the chat type (Free Chat VS Quick Chat) in the game settings if you are logged in
- Various localization fixes
- Players will stop moving when meetings are called
As part of this Summer Game Fest, Kickoff Live event and Innersloth developers also shared some future updates that include, new hide-and-seek mode, visor cosmetics, achievements, and a fifth map. The developer didn’t share details about when updates are ready to switch.