Google Camera AKA Pixel Camera is a camera application that comes pre-installed with Google Pixels. Launched in April 2014, the Google Camera application was supported by every single Android smartphone running on Android 4.4+ and higher. However, this app is now exclusively available only for Google Pixel devices.
The Google Camera application equips some major functions that make it more powerful than the camera applications of the rest of all OEMs. The Pixel Camera features HDR+ with dual exposure controls, Night Sight, Super Res Zoom, Top Shot, Portrait, and Long Shot.
As mentioned above, Google Camera features different functionalities that enhance the quality of pictures. Meanwhile, it doesn’t present a good result if the Google Camera is used by other smartphones instead of Google Pixels because it takes pictures but doesn’t use Google’s HDR+.
Several modders and developers continuously work to avail the top features and all functionalities of the Google Camera application for other smartphones. The result of the hard work of developers to unlock the Google Camera features is known as GCam Mod. However, the modders crack the Pixel Camera for their own devices and share it on different blogs for other users having a specific smartphone.
GCam Mod for Samsung smartphones:
There’s a number of Samsung Galaxy smartphones are available in the market including flagships, mid-range, and budgets too. The Galaxy users have to use Samsung’s own Camera application which has its own impressive features based on One UI.
Even after having cool functions in Samsung Camera, several Galaxy users want to use the GCam Mod to capture the images using Google Camera’s exciting features such as HDR+, Night Sight, Astrophotography, and more. Therefore, we can easily find different GCam mods for the Galaxy smartphones powered by Snapdragon chipsets.
On the other hand, there’s a tough challenge for the users having Galaxy device powered by Exynos processor. In this situation, there are some GCam Mods are available on different blogs that work with these smartphones.
As we know, the Korean tech giant ships the flagship phones with two different processors including Qualcomm’s Snapdragon in select markets (South Korea, the US) and its own Exynos SoC.
Samsung devices with powerful camera capabilities:
Last year, Samsung introduced the Galaxy S20 series integrated with the largest image sensor marked the beginning of a new era of mobile devices. Coupled with the huge image sensor and artificial intelligence tools, the Galaxy S20 phones deliver a massive image capturing and video shooting experience.
The top tier of the Galaxy S20 lineup – Galaxy S20 Ultra equips the professional-grade 108-megapixel camera that lets users zoom up to 100 times to capture moments and details they might miss.
Moreover, this year’s Galaxy S21 devices feature the advanced AI technology that makes them the smartest camera from Samsung to date. It helps users capture the best photos or videos to achieve epic functions every day.
On the other hand, the top variant of the latest Galaxy S21 series – Galaxy S21 Ultra has become the first smartphone offering from Samsung that has two telephoto lenses that provide 10x optical zoom and up to 100x space zoom.
Apart from the impressive camera capabilities, Galaxy users can also try the GCam Mod on their devices that can surely enhance the image capturing capacities of their smartphone by using the powerful functions of the Google Camera applications.
Here, you can get the latest and working GCam Mod application for your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G- Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G- Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G- Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S20 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S10e – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S10 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S9 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy S8 – Download Link
- Samsung Galaxy A71 – Download Link
How to install GCam:
- Download the compatible GCam APK from the above-mentioned links.
- If you want to install a third-party app, you need to enable the app Install from Unknown Sources –
- Go to Settings
- Apps & notifications
- Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app, etc)
- Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- These GCam applications may/may not be compatible with your device.
- Check the exact model before downloading the GCam app.
- Be aware, you are installing the GCam Mod at your own risk and no one will be responsible if anything goes wrong.
- Download links are collected from different unknown sources.
NOTE: Most of these GCam’s are applicable for the Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy devices. For Exynos variants of the Galaxy devices, check this version.
| Credits: GCam Hub |