Google Camera is the stock camera app for the Google Pixel phones. It has official support for advanced features like Astrophotography and some others.
Now we have a new update for one of the most popular MODs inside the Gcam community – UltraCVM which offers HDR+ modes, Astrophotography as well as a wide variety of controls to improve the image quality.
Join our GCam channel on Telegram:
WHAT IS GCAM MOD?
GCam Mode brings the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensures that all features work with them. There are several versions of GCam. Some versions are for multiple Android smartphones, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone.
WHAT IS ULTRACVM MOD?
UltraCVM is an ongoing project of building a Gcam that would like to fulfill the need for an extreme imaging tool aimed towards exceptional quality for most up-to-date sensors used in flagship devices.
It brings a new design and advanced features. If you’ve some knowledge of image controls, you may be able to capture stunning photos with your smartphone. However, this MOD is only available for Android 10 and Android 9 Pie devices. This new mod is a complete rework on the GCam 7.3 base.
GCAM 7.3 APP MOD BASE FEATURES:
Below you can check the features of GCam 7.3 MOD:
- Automatic DND mode while using video-recording.
- Re-arranged settings UI.
- 24FPS video recording.
- Exposure controls to adjust brightness and HDR of your photo.
- Astrophotography implemented to Night Sight.
- Received Frequent Faces to help you capture Top Shot photos.
- Touch and Hold shortcut in the shutter button to capture Top Shot photos.
ULTRACVM V.5.1 UPDATE FEATURES:
- Recalc S5K3l6 black level
- Added imx471 & imx689 noise models
- Set imx363 noise model as default for non supported devices
- Further DR experiments
- Further detail experiments
- Added full range of variance denoisers radiuses & advanced alignment denoisers
- Added awb redpoint setting to patcher: you can now try to compensate pink/purplish tint on Samsung sensors by inverting the color a little (thx r0m10 for lib examination on this) – added GMM600 gamma & tone
OTHER FEATURES OF ULTRACVM MOD
This mod brings a major design overhaul in comparison to the standard Gcam offering a plethora of features and intuitive settings.
Ultra CVM 5 brings controls for adjusting shutter speed, exposure, ISO, and Focus.
SUPPORT FOR RAW
Users can opt for the lossless RAW mode to preserve all the details of shots.
XIAOMI API2 CAMERA AND AI KEY SUPPORT
Allows owners of Xiaomi devices to adjust specific manual controls in the camera
This one made a buzz with the introduction of the Pixel 4 series last year. This mode allows the camera to take a shot of celestial objects, like stars, under darker circumstances.
List of the Compatible devices:
Below you can check the list of the compatible devices:
- OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro
- OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Pocophone F1
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro
- Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 and K20 Pro)
- Redmi K30 aka Poco X2
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10 e Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy Note 10 e Note 10+
- Moto X4
- Moto G6 and G7 Series
- LG V20, LG V30
- LG G8, LG G7, LG G6
The list is not limited to these devices. As you can also try it on your Android 9+smartphone. Some features may be available for all devices while others don’t.
How to Download and install?
It’s easy to install this new mod just like other GCam mods, it also supports XML configuration. Before trying to install the mod, you’ll need to make sure that you have support for camera2 API on your smartphone. There are many solutions in Google Play Store to test your camera2 API capabilities.
To download and install this APK you need to follow these steps:
- Download the APK provided (Click Save As)
- Select and Install it ( You’ll be prompted with the request for allowing app installation from external sources, don’t worry the app is safe).
- Open the Google Camera (Once the icon appears in your launcher)
- For older versions of Android, you can try and download Gcam 7.2, 7.1, or any mod that is compatible with your version.
Now, you can enjoy this mod including the Astrophotography feature and the 24FPS recording mode on your Android device.