Google Camera is the stock camera app for the Google Pixel phones. It has official support for advanced features like Astrophotography and some others. Xiaomi is also working on its own unique camera features, as we reported recently.
What is GCam Mod?
GCam Mode brings the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensures that all features work with them. There are several versions of GCam. Some versions are for multiple Android smartphones, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone.
NOTE: These GCam Mods are working on most of the Xiaomi devices with the latest Snapdragon processors.
Join our GCam channel on Telegram:
Latest GCam Changelog:
- Correction of some bugs that were in the previous version.
- Added telephoto support on Xiaomi Mi MIX 3.
- Added the ability to selecat the maximum shutter speed when using astrophotography in the settings.
- Fixed photo resolution on Poco 2F Pro / Redmi K30 Pro.
- Added wide angle camera support for Poco 2F Pro / Redmi K30 Pro, Realme X50 5G.
- Returned the function off. Google Photos.
- Fixed lags when launching on Mi A3.
- Fixed crop when viewing the “Motion” function via Google Photos.
- Minor fixes.
Download the latest GCam mode for your smartphone:
GCam from Urnyx05:
GCam from Arnova8g2:
- GCam_6beta.201115.1444build-8.0.101.apk (Arnova8G2, 2020-11-15)
- GCam_6beta.201113.1717build-8.0.101.apk (Arnova8G2, 2020-11-13)
GCam from Parrrot043: RECOMMENDED
How to download and install Google Camera on your smartphone:
The procedure is quite simple and you just need to follow the instructions below:
- Download the APK from the above download link.
- Select and Install it (Allow app installation from external sources).
- Open the Google Camera (Once the icon appears in your launcher).
Compatibility and requirements:
- Only works on phones with the camera2 API enabled;
- Mod compatible with modern Snapdragon SoCs. Some versions also work on some old SoCs, but usually with limitations.
- Most APK only support ARM64;
- Recent APK may not work on older Android versions;
- Requires GApps or a replacement like microG (more info);
- Android only;
Let us know in the comments below if you face any issues with the above GCam version.