Recently, we’ve reported that the WhatsApp beta testers are getting a new on-screen prompt asking them to accept the new terms of services of WhatsApp. Moving forward, WhatsApp has started asking its users via an in-app notice to agree with its new policies.
According to the notice, it shows three updates including WhatsApp’s services and how it process user’s data, how businesses can use Facebook hosted services to store and manage their WhatsApp chats, and how WhatsApp partner with Facebook to offer integrations across the Facebook Company Products.
As we know, the new policies of WhatsApp will be effected from February 8, 2021. And, WhatsApp users have to agree with the new terms of services otherwise they have to delete their WhatsApp account.
“As part of the Facebook Companies, WhatsApp receives and shares information with the other Facebook Companies. We may use the information we receive from them, and they may use the information we share with them, to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services and their offerings, including the Facebook Company Products.”
How WhatsApp Work With Other Facebook Companies:
- Helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems;
- Understanding how our Services or theirs are used;
- Promoting safety, security, and integrity across the Facebook Company Products, e.g., securing systems and fighting spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities;
- Improving their services and your experiences using them, such as making suggestions for you (for example, of friends or group connections, or of interesting content), personalizing features and content, helping you complete purchases and transactions, and showing relevant offers and ads across the Facebook Company Products; and
- Providing integrations that enable you to connect your WhatsApp experiences with other Facebook Company Products. For example, allowing you to connect your Facebook Pay account to pay for things on WhatsApp or enabling you to chat with your friends on other Facebook Company Products, such as Portal, by connecting your WhatsApp account.
| Source |