Huawei hopes Biden’s administration will open barrier in US with revised policies

by Mohit

Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei said on Tuesday that the sanctions imposed by Donald Trump will be overcome and the relations with the United States are expected to resume with the arrival of a new President, Joe Biden.

In May 2019, the U.S. Commerce Department listed Huawei as an entity and banned the company from purchasing US technologies and software services. In 2020, the Trump administration restricted Huawei from buying semiconductor products and revoked existing supplier licenses.

Last month, Joe Biden took command of the White House, and Ren hopes the new U.S. president will make progress in the relationship between the two parties and business.

Ren said, Huawei is committed to buying from US companies and that it is mutually beneficial to restore Huawei’s access to US goods.

In addition, he said the restrictions on the Chinese tech giant due to Huawei’s purchasing power could affect U.S. suppliers.

“We hope the new US administration would have an open policy for the benefit of American firms and the economic development of the United States,” said Ren. “We still hope that we can buy large volumes of American materials, components, and equipment so that we can all benefit from China’s growth.”

Ren made these remarks during a visit to the Chinese city of Taiyuan while opening a laboratory for technologies to automate coal production to increase safety in the business.

Huawei Does Not Sell Smartphone Business:

According to recent smartphone market reports, Huawei has seen a significant decline in its smartphone sales and market share. The company slipped from second to fifth among the top 5 smartphone makers in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to IDC data.

In addition, Huawei’s domestic market is still stable, which helps the company live longer.

In the midst of these changes, a report came that Huawei would be selling their P and Mate series flagships. At the time, Huawei denied such reports, and Ren said Huawei would keep their smartphone in the business market.

“We have decided we absolutely will not sell off our consumer devices, our smartphone business,” he said.

Also Read:

Huawei is confident on capable to survive under pressure, says founder Ren Zhengfei

|Via – Huawei Central|

Related Posts

Leave a Comment