Google recently released the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 for Pixel devices including Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro. This beta version contains fixes for various bugs and issues the users have faced for a long time.
Google Pixel device owners can now install the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 on their smartphone and can experience its offerings, which mainly bring fixes. Additionally, the QPR2 Beta 3 comes with January 2023 security patch and can be identified via version T2B3.230109.002.
This third beta update resolves various issues including what the developer and users reported. But unfortunately, one issue can still bother you where the “list of Recent apps sometimes becomes unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the list is open.”
Notably, for the users who have installed the QPR2 Beta, leaving the program will result in a wipe and your next opportunity to exit without losing data will be in March after the stable launch. The system images are available for Pixel users and the beta is released via OTA medium, so it may take some hour or day to reach your device.
Developer-reported and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group were sometimes displayed with straight corners instead of rounded corners.
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade that indicates an active VPN connection overlapped with the message about apps with active foreground services.
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu couldn’t be accessed when editing Quick Settings tiles.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after it received a notification.
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused messaging apps to crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Settings tiles for a work profile were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Pixel launcher to crash when using the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from being unlocked using a pattern after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue in the com.android.qns system process that sometimes caused crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher that prevented Chinese text input from being recognized when typing in the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue where when entering and exiting Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the system Settings app crashed with a “Settings keeps stopping” message and then the system Settings app couldn’t be opened.
- Fixed an issue with the System UI that sometimes caused it to crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the connection status of a Bluetooth device sometimes did not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel launcher crashed when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue that caused status bar icons to overlap with the date text when font and display settings were set to their maximum level on a device.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 – Download Now
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a 5G: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA