Oppo and OnePlus are doing good with their phones these days, yet they have to take an exit from the European markets. The latest details reveal that both tech makers could soon put a halt on their smartphone production for some specific regions, in the time ahead.
According to the information, Oppo and its subsidiary brand – OnePlus could stop business in European markets including the top regions – Germany, France, and UK. In addition, the departure list also includes the Netherlands.
Follow RPRNA on Google News
Why so? A major reason behind this withdrawal is the high costs of sales. Though the companies are capable to sell their products at a good price in the mentioned countries. However, the return on investment is not high, which is why Oppo’s European business is bleeding.
Join Us On Telegram
Another reason is macroeconomic conditions. Consequently, the Russia-Ukraine conflict led to a drop in smartphone shipments in Europe. As a result, OPPO’s market share decreased by 39% year-on-year basis in Q4 2022.
But, if the above-mentioned points are the major causes, we could expect the OPPO and OnePlus phones to return when the European markets will gain consumption value.
So far, OPPO and OnePlus were already restricted in Germany due to the Nokia patent war. Until the tech giants won’t agree on a negotiation with Nokia, it will be difficult for them to run a healthy market in Germany.
Although, a step back from Europe is unexpected. Following the hustles, OPPO uttered a few words on this subject:
“The current smartphone industry is relatively not in an era of expansion. And our key markets will be adjusted and tilted periodically. But our focus on the European market is firm, and in the future, we will also be accurate, Efficient investment in key markets.”
Pay attention! The report is not been officially confirmed by the phone makers. Still, there’s a doubt that we may lose OnePlus phones to European consumers.
While things are quite unclear for the moment, we will wait for an official statement on this matter.
Update: March 28, 2023
Oppo and OnePlus have responded to this matter, denying that they aren’t leaving the UK and European markets. To begin with, OnePlus global PR Manager – James Paterson told said the following words:
“OnePlus will not exit from Europe and the UK and maintains stable operations in local markets. OnePlus will continue to invest in Europe and provide more innovative products and solutions for its users.”
Meanwhile, an Oppo spokesperson also contradicts the departure story by saying:
“We had a great start in 2023 with the successful launches of several products in Europe and have a line-up of upcoming products for the rest of the year. As always, Oppo will continue to provide more innovative products and the best-in-class service for users moving forward.”