In the latest edition, Huawei updated the MediaPad M5 series including the MediaPad M5 Youth Edition on the latest HarmonyOS version that has carried the new WLAN and Bluetooth shortcut switches in the devices.
According to the reportings of HuaweiCentral, the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 version update is released for various models of the Huawei MediaPad M5 tablets. The changelog shows new system optimizations for widgets and displays of the devices.
The latest firmware has also added new WiFi and BT switch to the quick access list. It’ll allow the user to bid the WiFi and Bluetooth settings from the available list. Interestingly the update log is similar to the one we have seen in the update for Huawei Mate 10.
Although the download size isn’t mentioned in this changelog, the package is about 400MB. At present, this update is rolling out in China, the company will soon release it for the global models too. Now, let’s check the different MediaPad models that are receiving this HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 firmware.
Huawei MediaPad M5 Variants:
- 10.8-inch version of MediaPad M5 Pro: Model no CMR-W19 and CMR-AL19
- 10.8-inch version of MediaPad M5: Model no CMR-W09 and CMR-AL09
- 8.4 inch version of MediaPad M5: Model no SHT-W09 and SHT-AL09
Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition Variants:
- MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8-inch: Models JDN2-AL50, JDN2-AL00, JDN2-W09
- MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.1-inch: Models BAH2-AL10 and BAH2-W09
Huawei MediaPad M5 Series: HarmonyOS Update log
- WLAN and Bluetooth shortcut switches added to quick access to the list
- Optimized the experience of using service widgets.
- Optimized the display effects of some interfaces and icons.
- Fix the problem that the font size setting of certain scenes does not take effect
- Optimized system stability in some scenarios.
The device must have a better battery backup to install this update that is a minimum of 50%. Besides, it’ll be good if you check the devices’ storage availability. Furthermore, a strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for an unbroken downloading process.
How to Download this Update:
- Open your device and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device