The device has a feature that lets you switch to a darker theme to keep your eyes more comfortable at night, darkening white or bright screens and notifications. The Dark Mode is available for all the Samsung smartphones running Android 10 OS.
How to enable the Dark Mode feature on the Galaxy S20:
- Open Settings, tap Display and select one of the following options:
- Light: Apply a light color theme to your device (Default).
- Dark: Apply a dark color theme to your device.
In the Dark mode settings: Customize when and where Dark mode is applied.
- Turn on as scheduled:
- Configure Dark mode for either Sunset to sunrise or Custom schedule
- Apply to wallpaper:
- Apply Dark mode settings to the wallpaper when it is active.
- Adaptive color filter:
- Turn on Blue light filter automatically between sunset and sunrise to reduce eye strain.
You can also adjust other settings on this page. You can apply Dark mode to your phone’s wallpaper. Or, you can tap the switch next to Adaptive color filter turn on the Blue light filter automatically between sunset and sunrise to reduce eye strain.
Note: Even if you set a scheduled time for Dark mode, you can still turn it on or off manually whenever you want.