Samsung recently released One UI October 2022 Android Security patch details as usual at the beginning of the respective month. The patch includes a number of fixes from different sections to give you a flawless experience.
As per the details mentioned in the official, October 2022 patch resolves numerous privacy and security-related flaws and exposures discovered in Samsung Galaxy handsets. On the count, the patch fixes 1 critical level of CVE, 29 marked as high levels of CVEs, and 2 from the moderate section.
However, 11 CVEs were marked as not applicable for Samsung Galaxy devices. Additionally, Samsung also unveiled 11 One UI SVE elements to give users a smooth experience with their Galaxy smartphone or tablet.
The monthly security patch for the eligible devices aims to sort the current version issue and maintain device security for the hacker. This security maintenance releases patches from Google and Samsung.
Below you can check the complete details of the Samsung October 2022 security patch:
- CVE-2021-0942, CVE-2021-0943, CVE-2021-0697, CVE-2021-0871, CVE-2022-20399, CVE-2022-29582, CVE-2022-22091, CVE-2022-22066, CVE-2022-25696, CVE-2022-25690, CVE-2022-22095, CVE-2022-25656, CVE-2022-25670, CVE-2022-20388, CVE-2022-20387, CVE-2022-20385, CVE-2021-4083, CVE-2022-20420, CVE-2022-20351, CVE-2022-20413, CVE-2022-20418, CVE-2022-20412, CVE-2022-20416, CVE-2022-20417, CVE-2021-39628, CVE-2021-39673, CVE-2022-20394, CVE-2022-20410, CVE-2022-20425
- CVE-2021-39758, CVE-2022-20415
Already included in previous updates
- CVE-2022-22089, CVE-2022-22081, CVE-2022-22093, CVE-2022-22094, CVE-2022-22092, CVE-2022-25704, CVE-2022-25693, CVE-2021-39624
Not applicable to Samsung devices
- CVE-2022-26447, CVE-2022-22074, CVE-2022-25688, CVE-2022-25669, CVE-2022-25686, CVE-2022-25708, CVE-2022-25706, CVE-2022-20386, CVE-2022-20391, CVE-2022-20390, CVE-2022-20389
October SMR SVE Items:
- Improper access control vulnerability in its service application
- Improper access control vulnerability in FACM application
- Exposure of SerialNo through Logcat in AT_Distributor
- Improper access control in knox_vpn_policy and mum_container_policy services
- Improper access control vulnerability in CocktailBarService
- Improper protection in IOMMU
- Use after free vulnerability in set_nft_pid and signal_handler function of NFC driver
- Use After Free vulnerability in a perf-mgr driver
- The leak of the MAC address of the connected Bluetooth device in MouseNKeyHidDevice
- A heap-based overflow vulnerability in libagifencoder.quram.so library
October 2022 security patch:
Samsung has already begun dispatching the October 2022 security patch for the eligible devices region wise, as the update releases in batches as per the device compatibility, so it may take time to reach you