A few months ago, OnePlus has launched its first truly wireless OnePlus Buds alongside OnePlus Nord. The buds have a great sound quality but the lack of customization with older OnePlus and non-OnePlus devices kept them back.
Meanwhile, now the company has launched the ‘HeyMelody’ app so that these buds may work on every smartphone. The new app helps users of OnePlus earbuds receive firmware updates for their wearables.
Join our OnePlus channel on Telegram:
These buds were not supported in any other brand’s smartphone, even the older models of OnePlus were not able to connect to OnePlus Buds. The OnePlus phones that come after the OnePlus 6 were only some eligible devices for these buds.
Fortunately, OnePlus has now come with an app that can pair all OnePlus phones, new as well as old. On the other hand, different smartphone users can also use OnePlus Buds and the newly launched OnePlus Buds Z.
You can easily download and install the app from Google PlayStore.
Do follow the steps below to update your Buds:
- Download the ‘HeyMelody’ app on your phone
- Open the app and connect it to your Buds
- Tap on the update button if you find any firmware update available
- Always keep your earbuds update with the latest firmware. It increases sound quality and battery life.
- This app may not work on every mobile but it will progress to more users in a few days.