The Galaxy Watch 3 is the latest smartwatch offering from Samsung. This smart wearable is available in two different sizes – 45mm and 41mm. The Galaxy Watch 3 supports several next-gen functionalities such as blood oxygen monitoring, fall detection, as well as equipped with over 120 home exercise programs.
According to the latest info, Samsung pushed a new firmware update to the Galaxy Watch 3 which comes with a new handwashing mode and support for SmartThings Find. SmartThings Find uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology that can help users locate the misplaced Galaxy device even when it’s offline.
The Galaxy Watch 3 users will also get improved Samsung Health Functions that allow enjoying a group-walking challenge with their friends. The new update also brings additional sleep score insight and a variety of fitness programs as well as reduces auto workout recognition time.
The new firmware is currently rolling out in various countries including the US, India, and South Korea. We can expect, it will soon be available for more regions in the coming days/weeks. Furthermore, the company has also released this firmware update for the Galaxy Watch Active 2 back in January 2021.
Here’s how to check for updates:
- Launch Galaxy Wearable app.
- Tap on Home > Watches software update.
- Tap on Download and install.
- Tap on Install now if an update is available.
- Improved Samsung Health Function
- You can now enjoy a group-walking challenge with your friends.
- Additional sleep score insight provided.
- Reduced auto workout recognition time (running, ‘rowing machine, elliptical).
- Enjoy home workout with a variety of fitness programs.
- SmartThings Find
- You can find the location of the watch on the map.
- Hand Wash
- After downloading the Hand Wash app, your watch can automatically detect and time, when you start washing your hands.
- Improved system stability and reliability