Google I/O 2023 event has aligned several iconic products on the stage and one of them is Android 14 Beta 2 for Pixel devices. Consequently, the company published the new firmware on its official page after wrapping up the grand event program.
On the flip side, many Android phone makers also pushed the first Android 14 beta for their flagship devices. It looks like, the day is not so far when we will have our glance at the stable release of the major Android 14 software upgrade. (Read more…)
Coming back, the latest Android 14 beta 2 is rolling out for Pixel devices ranging from Pixel 4a 5G to Pixel 7 Pro. Eventually, these handsets are getting the firmware with the UPB2.230407.014 and accompanying the May 2023 security patch.
Besides, Pixel 6, 6 Pro, and the 6a smartphone running on the Verizon network are receiving the firmware and April 2023 patch with the UPB2.230407.014.A1. You can further file bugs on the Android Beta Community on Reddit or raise feedback using the Android Beta Feedback app.
Speaking of the additions, the second beta is not a home of new features but fixes as well as improvements. The Android maker has resolved a huge bunch of issues that have been troubling users and made their way to the devices with beta 1. Though there are some features, majorly you will find fixes. You can check the changelog in the below section.
Android 14 Beta 2 – Changelog
- Fixed a platform stability issue that could cause the UI to lag or freeze, apps to crash, or devices to crash. (Issue #270848913, Issue #274339025, Issue #277039789, Issue #25611926, Issue #279246037, Issue #279301937, Issue #279145050, Issue #279288220, Issue #274827412)
- Fixes an issue with the fingerprint sensor that prevented new fingerprints from being added for Fingerprint Unlock in some cases. (Issue #277950569)
- Fixed issues with UPI and biometrics that could cause some apps to not work properly. (Issue #278003306, Issue #277967514, Issue #278043615)
- Fixed an issue where a device couldn’t be unlocked using a fingerprint after tapping a notification or choosing a notification action on the lock screen. (Issue #278174846)
- Fixed an issue on some devices that caused sound to play through the speakers instead of the headphones that were connected. (Issue #278043129)
- Fixed an issue that caused icons on the home screen to appear almost invisible. (Issue #277970542)
Fixed issues with gesture navigation that occurred when using a custom launcher:
- The Home screen content wouldn’t display as well as the animation would fail to render when swiping up to go Home. (Issue #277981298)
- The list of recently used apps couldn’t be accessed using the normal gesture. (Issue #277983179)
- Fixed issues that prevented users from interacting with notifications in the notification shade. (Issue #278339342, Issue #276534576)
- Fixed an issue that could cause a device to crash after finishing audio as well as video calls. (Issue #279539689)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue where, after entering and exiting picture-in-picture mode, the screen flickered when any apps launched.
- Fixed an issue where user restrictions set by DPC admins were not being enforced in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where, after taking pictures with the Google Camera app, opening the latest picture from the thumbnail in the app briefly displayed a green-colored shade over the image.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the battery percentage to display as 0% after a device reboot regardless of the actual charge level of the device.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a device to crash, and then when the device rebooted any wallpapers that were select before the reboot were reset.
- Fixed issues that prevented the Better Bug app from uploading bug reports.
- Fixed issues that caused the back-to-home gesture to stop working.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the system Settings app to crash repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from searching within the system Settings app.
- Fixed issues that sometimes caused null pointer exceptions for input method editors (IMEs).
- Fixed an issue that sometimes increased system-wide memory usage unnecessarily.
- Fixed system issues that could sometimes cause deadlocks