Apple has officially announced the iOS 17 for its iPhone devices with a huge list of features. Finally, it’s time to have a glance at the official changelog of this major upgrade and acknowledge what benefits the American tech giant has imposed on its newest software.
To date, we dived into several rumors and leaks regarding the iOS 17. However, there was no clarity on any of the previous inputs. As of now, the company has announced a set of all-new features and useful functionalities that will be making their way to your iPhone with the Apple iOS 17 upgrade.
It is worth noting that the major software update has focused on four main aspects. These include communication, sharing, intelligent input, and new experiences. Let’s make a tour of the mentioned segments in more detail.
Apple iOS 17 official features
Phone calls have now obtained personalized contact posts that you set for others to see when you call them. This feature is also available in the Contacts app and is quite similar to customizing the lock screen.
On the other hand, now you can get Live Voicemail with voice-to-text transcription before answering. The transcription tweak is handled on the device. This upgrade also enables FaceTime Voicemail through a quick Video recording.
iOS 17 brings NameDrop – a new way to share phone numbers and email sharing between nearby iPhones. That’s just not it. Sharing media is also redesigned, and long media transfers can continue over the internet. Besides, the SharePlay API is adding AirDrop integration.
The tech maker has also revamped the keyboard, which now leverages the “transformer language model” to improve predictions. It can even learn what you mean by incorrect words and change them accordingly. Predictions are personalized by your words and usage and you will find an upgraded Dictation to enhance your vocab.
Some other sections such as Messages, Journal, and Standby have also achieved major enhancements. Eventually, you can check them below.
- Search has narrower terms for precision results
- Swipe to reply on any bubble
- Audio Messages are transcribed
- Location sharing is now online and view it directly within the conversation
- Check-In is a new feature for notifying family when you arrive safely. It automatically recognizes when you don’t make progress or respond and shares update with family
- iMessage apps “gracefully tucked away” under the new + button
- All emoji are now stickers
- Remove background feature now turns subjects into stickers
- Uses on-device machine learning to create personalized suggestions for journaling – Suggestions API for other apps
- Includes photos, workouts, and interactions as prompts
- Entries can be marked as important to stand out
- Prompts will inspire you to write
- Journal can be locked and is end-to-end encrypted for privacy
- New full-screen experience that displays information in landscape mode
- Can be personalized to show data like clocks, photos, widgets, weather, Home controls, and third-party widgets
- Supports Live Activities
- Siri works in Standby with a special landscape user interface
- Red tone like Apple Watch Ultra used for displaying the clock at night
Siri no longer requires the command ‘Hey’ before Siri for voice activation. You now get Live Stickers and Offline maps for more convenience. In addition, you will discover new accessibility features, an improved security, and privacy page, revamps in the Health app, Visual Look Up, and more.
iOS 17 beta is now available to download, but only for the developers. Meanwhile, you can check the list of iPhone devices that are eligible for this major upgrade.
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 12 and 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 13 and 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd gen)