Apple fans have started purchasing the ultimate iPhone 15 series. In the meantime, the tech giant has rolled out the iOS 17.0.2 update for the flagship Apple iPhone 15 models. Make sure you install the latest firmware at the earliest or else, you will face some consequences.
Yes, you read that right! Apple is warning its consumers to update their iPhone 15 model to the iOS 17.0.2 version before transferring data to the device from another handset. Otherwise, they might encounter issues or even data loss.
On the official support page, Apple cites that the iOS 17.0.2 update provides important bug fixes and security updates, and mends an issue that may prevent transferring data directly from another iPhone during setup.
In addition, the company shared some significant steps to restore data on iPhone. These are:
- Connect your new iPhone to a computer with a cable.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then, press and hold the side button.
- Continue to hold while the Apple logo appears and don’t let go until an image of a computer and cable appears.
- On your computer, locate your new iPhone in the Finder or iTunes.
- Choose Restore when you see the option to Restore or Update.