Apple has rolled out the iOS 16.5 Release Candidate versions and probably this is the last beta build, before the official release. In the latest development, the tech giant has added new changes and better improvements that will ultimately enrich the overall experience of the devices.
On the flip side, the company has confirmed that it will bring on the stable iOS 16.5 and watchOS 9.5 build to the public in the next week. While users will also find a new Pride Celebration watch face and iPhone wallpapers alongside.
Currently, the last beta of Apple iOS 16.5 as well as iPadOS 16.5 is in developers’ hands for testing purposes. This inspection will avoid the transfer of critical bugs and vulnerabilities to the general public.
Eventually, registered developers can get the beta firmware by driving into the Settings menu. Hereafter, select the Software Update and tap on the “Beta Updates” option. Make sure that your Apple ID is also linked with the developer account to easily install the beta.
In terms of changes, this beta update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- A new pride celebration wallpaper for the lock screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture.
- The Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more for the teams and leagues you follow.
- My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games.
- Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive.
- Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content.
- Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices.