Huawei has officially announced the HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Nova 5 series devices including the Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro, and Nova 5z. The eligible users can register for the public beta and the enrollment are underway.
After several public beta updates, the Nova series users will then gradually move towards the HarmonyOS 2.0 stable version. After the beta testing, all the users can upgrade to the new HM OS. However, the beta activity is currently limited in the Chinese market and will soon expand globally.
You can check the new version number for the adapting models below and also the steps to join the public beta program.
- Huawei Nova 5: EMUI 10.1.0.103 to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro: EMUI 10.1.0.103 to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 5z: EMUI 10.1.0.103 to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
How to join HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta?
- Open My Huawei app >> go to Home >> open Upgrade Early Adopters >> then Check Public Beta Early Adopter
- Go to Huawei Club >> Check >> Public Beta Early Adopter
Huawei and its HarmonyOS goals:
At the time of HarmonyOS 2.0 launch, the company has shared its plan to upgrade over 300 million devices to the new operating system. Moving towards the goal, Huawei has installed the HarmonyOS to 30 million devices since its launch.
Meanwhile, the company has now extended its aim and the 300 has now turned to 360 million. The new plan of Huawei suggests that the Chinese OEM will aim to upgrade nearly 360 million devices to the new operating system this year.