HMS Core 6 (Huawei Mobile Services Core) has been launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (HDC 2021). It is not just a regular release as it is now open to cross-operating system functionality and an open-source behavior for different operating systems.
According to the officials, Huawei HMS Core 6 has now opened 69 developer kits, 21,738 APIS in 7 different categories. HMS Core also opened up 13 new capabilities, 18 advanced capabilities, and 13 cross-OS capabilities for different operating systems including:
The new cross-device capability will allow HMS Core developers to launch apps and run them on these platforms and establish their interconnection accordingly.
Not so, with these above mentioned cross-operating systems HMS Core 6 now supports a variety of device platforms, including:
- Smart TVs
- Smart Speaker
- Smart Glasses
- Smart Car and more
To make development a bit easier, Huawei has opened up HMS Core to third-party development frameworks such as React, Cordova, and more.
HMS Core 6:
The key aspect areas of HMS core development are graphics, media, AI, app services, and systems.
- Graphics: HMS Core 6 added 3D modeling services and enhanced many open capabilities such as AR Engine, graphics computing services, and graphics engine services.
- Media: based on the blessing of AI technology, Huawei has newly opened up video editing services (Video Editor Kit) and audio editing services (Audio Editor Kit) and can provide global services covering 70+ languages and support global calls.
- AI: Machine Learning Kit, as an open capability, has nearly 10,000 applications integrated with ML Kit, with more than 8.25 billion monthly calls, and it has now been extended to other operating system applications.
- App Services: HMS Core 6 has 13 new and enhanced open capabilities and 12 cross-OS capabilities.
- Systems: Huawei has opened up core connectivity and communication capabilities, including 9 capabilities, which are open to application developers through Wireless Kit and Network Kit.
HMS Core Growth:
Zhang Pingan, president of Huawei’s Consumer Business Cloud Services and CEO of Huawei Cloud, said that the HMS ecosystem currently has 5.1 million developers, the global application integration of HMS Core has grown by 81% to 173,000, and the global developer revenue by 62%. has increased.