With One UI 2.1 and 2.5, has Samsung’s refind interactions have updated, you can navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement, and easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
There are a number of new updates that have been made in the user interaction section of One UI 2.x, that helps users to type easily on the different screen sizes and open app and messages according to their conveniences but there’re some specifics that we need to talk about.
With One UI 1.0, Samsung introduced gesture navigation and the addition of new One UI versions, the company has made it more useful and handy. The status bar and the well known “One hand mode” has also got a new activation option.
Below you can also check the details of how you can activate and use these features.
Try different Navigation options:
Samsung’s navigation bar contains three buttons including Back, Home, and Recent actions that can be reorganized in order, users can also use ‘Navigation Gestures’ which replaces on-screen navigation buttons, providing a full-screen view for a better viewing experience.
Use buttons along the bottom of the screen for quick navigation.
- From Settings, tap Display > Navigation bar > Navigation buttons.
- Tap an option under Button order to choose which side of the screen the Back and Recent apps icons display.
Hide the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen for an unobstructed screen experience. Instead swipe to navigate your device.
- From Settings, tap Display > Navigation bar > Full-screen gestures to enable the feature.
- Tap an option to customize:
- More options: Choose a gesture type and sensitivity.
- Gesture hints: Display lines at the bottom of the screen where each screen gesture is located.
- Show button to hide the keyboard: Show an icon on the bottom right corner of the screen to hide the keyboard when the phone is in portrait mode.
- Block gestures with S Pen (Galaxy Note-series): Prevent the S Pen from making navigation gestures.
Handle with one-hand mode:
You can temporarily scale down the display size for easier control of your phone with just one hand. And instead of swiping diagonally across the display, you can now activate with the help of the navigation bar.
Activate One-hand Mode:
- Go to Settings
- Advanced Features
- One-handed mode
- Toggle on “Use One-handed mode”
Choose one hand mode activation:
You can select either Gesture or Button type to activate the One Hand Mode.