Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is the company’s most advanced 5G platform to date. With Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF, it can deliver all-day power and unprecedented speeds of up to 10 Gbps, supporting more locations than ever before. In addition, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 has leading Wi-Fi 6 and 6e with multi-gigabit speeds.
The 7th generation Qualcomm AI Engine fully supports ultra-advanced AI use cases and runs 4x faster than the previous generation product. Also, the Qualcomm Hexagon processor includes a fused accelerator architecture, which includes 2x faster tensor Accelerators and 2x larger shared memory. Below you can check the detailed specs of the new processor.
Qualcomm Snapdragon Gen 1 Specification:
- 4K at 60 Hz / QHD+ at 144 Hz, Max external display up to 4K @ 60 Hz, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10, and HDR10+, 10-bit color depth
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine
- AIE GPU: Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- Always-on AI: Qualcomm Sensing Hub
- AIE CPU: Qualcomm Kryo CPU
- Hexagon Processor: Fused AI Accelerator architecture, Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- CPU Clock Speed: Up to 3.0 GHz
- CPU Cores: Qualcomm Kryo CPU
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G modem-RF system
- Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Bluetooth antennas
- Bluetooth audio: Snapdragon Sound Technology with support for Qualcomm aptX Voice, aptX Lossless, aptX Adaptive, and LE audio, NFC
- 36 MP triple camera, Up to 64+36 MP dual camera, Up to 108 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra 680 Image Sensor Processor
- Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), AI-based face detection, auto-focus, and auto-exposure, Locally Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering, Low light photography architecture
- Fingerprint sensor, Biometric Authentication (Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face)
- 3200 MHz Speed, LPDDR5
- Slow Motion Video Capture: 720p @ 960 FPS
- Video Capture Formats: Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG
- Video Capture Features: 4K Video Capture @ 120 FPS, 8K video capture at 30fps, Bokeh Engine for Video Capture, Video super-resolution
- Video Capture: 8K HDR Video Capture + 64 MP Photo Capture
According to the information, Xiaomi will launch the first smartphone powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 at the end of the year. However, Samsung will also use the latest processor in its Galaxy S22 next year.
Apart from Samsung and Xiaomi, other OEMs including Black Shark, Motorola, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, Vivo, ZTE, and more are also planning to release their flagship smartphone equipped with Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip.