Here, the Vanilla Asus Zenfone 8 is a smartphone without a flip camera while Zenfone 8 Flip can flip the reverse camera to use it as a selfie cam.
Meanwhile, due to the absence of compelling software algorithms, the devices don’t offer the superior image quality what users expect according to the on-paper megapixels count or a wide range of camera sensors.
So, users start looking for third-party camera apps and stuck with the Google Camera (GCam) application due to its mind-blowing performance.
Therefore, we will guide you on how to download and install the Google Camera for Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip (GCam APK) in this article.
Download Google Camera for Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip (GCam APK)
Please Note: There are no Config files available for Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip right now.
Steps to Install GCam:
The Google Camera APK file installation process is as simple as installing any other third-party APK file. Neither you need to root nor enable Camera2 API on your device for this.
Make sure that the Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device. Now, just follow the below steps to easily install the Google Camera app.
- Head over to the device Settings menu > Security/Privacy > Enable it. [If already enabled, skip to the installation]
- Now, download the GCam APK file according to your model or preference from the download link above on your phone.
- Head over to the File Manager app and tap on the downloaded GCam APK file.
- It will launch the package installer interface > Tap on Install.
- The app will start installing and once it’s done
- Tap on Open to start using it.
However, if the GCam camera app doesn’t install or doesn’t work accurately (crashing), then make sure to re-enable the Camera2 API mode on your handset by using the build.prop editor on your File Manager.
This will give access to the system and the following command line will be added to the build.prop editor that you need to save it.
After it’s done, restart your handset and try installing the GCam APK file again on your device using the same above method. Hope it will work perfectly.
That’s it, guys, we hope this article will be helpful for you to install GCam in Asus 8 series smartphones. For feedback, do comment in the comment section.