Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S Pen Basics:
S Pen nib
• Use the S Pen to write, draw, or perform touch actions on the screen.
• Hover the S Pen over items on the screen to access additional S Pen features, such as the Air view feature.
S Pen button
• Press and hold the S Pen button to launch the preset app. While using apps, press the S Pen button or move the S Pen with the button pressed to launch certain features. Refer to Air actions for more information.
• Hover the S Pen over the screen and press the S Pen button to display the Air command features.
• While pressing and holding the S Pen button, drag the S Pen over items to select them.
Join our Samsung channel on Telegram:
How to detach the S Pen?
Press the end of the S Pen to disengage it. Then, pull the S Pen from the slot. To store the S Pen, reinsert it into the slot and push it until it clicks into place.
How to charge S Pen?
The S Pen must be charged before you can control apps remotely by using the S Pen button. When you insert the S Pen into the slot, charging will start.
• If the back of your device comes into contact with a magnet, the device may not recognize the S Pen and it will fail to charge the S Pen.
• Even if the S Pen has been fully discharged, you can use other S Pen features, such as tapping the touchscreen or the Air command features.
How to replace the S Pen nib?
If the nib is dull, replace it with a new one.
1 Firmly hold the nib with the tweezers and remove it.
2 Insert a new nib into the S Pen.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Be careful not to pinch your fingers with the tweezers.
- Do not reuse old nibs. Doing so may cause the S Pen to malfunction.
- Do not press the nib excessively when inserting the nib into the S Pen.
- Do not insert the round end of the nib into the S Pen. Doing so may cause damage to the S Pen or your device.
- Do not bend or apply excessive pressure with the S Pen while using it. The S Pen may be damaged or the nib may be deformed.
- Do not hard press on the screen with the S Pen. The pen nib may be deformed.
- If you use the S Pen at sharp angles on the screen, the device may not recognize the S Pen actions.
- If water enters the S Pen slot, gently shake the device to remove the water from the slot before using it.
- If the S Pen is not working properly, take it to a Samsung Service Centre.