If you have run into bigger problems, and can’t get your Pixel 5 to boot properly, you’ll want to boot your phone into Recovery Mode.
This may seem familiar to those in the rooting community, but not so much if you’ve never had to deal with Recovery Mode in the past.
Nonetheless, this method is just as safe as the “traditional” reset process, just without all of the software confirmations.
Reset Pixel 5 via Recovery
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down for several seconds.
- When the Fastboot Mode screen appears, let go.
- Use the Volume buttons to cycle through the options.
- When the screen shows Recovery Mode, press the Power button.
- From the recovery screen, use the Volume keys to navigate and select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power Button to confirm.
- Select Factory data reset and confirm with the Power Button.
- Select Reboot system now and confirm with the Power button.
After applying all the steps, your phone will reboot. After that, you need to do the setup process for starting your device.