Xiaomi has announced the MIUI 12 and it already started the MIUI 12 closed beta program for its Mi and Redmi smartphones. In this article, we will show you the complete installation process of MIUI 12 with step-by-step instructions.
Here are all the requirements to follow the process.
- Download the MIUI 12 ROM.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Take a full backup of your device.
- More than 50% battery before flashing the firmware.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Set up ADB on your computer and install TWRP for your device (download here).
Download MIUI 12 ROM: MIUI 12 beta 20.4.30
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro – Download
- Mi 10 – Download
- Mi Note 10 – Download
- Mi Note 3 – Download
- Mi 9 – Download
- Mi 9 SE – Download
- Mi 8 – Download
- Mi 8 Lite – Download
- Mi 8 SE – Download
- Mi 6X – Download
- Mi 6 – Download
- Mi MIX 3 – Download
- Mi MIX 2S – Download
- Mi MIX 2 – Download
- Mi MAX 3 – Download
- Redmi Note 8 Pro – Download
- Redmi Note 7 Pro – Download
- Redmi Note 7/7S – Download
- Redmi Note 5 Pro – Download
- Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro – Download
- Redmi K20/Mi 9T – Download
- Redmi K30 5G – Download
- Redmi K30/Poco X2 – Download
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
Now follow the steps below to install MIUI 12:
1. Transfer the downloaded ROM to your Mi or Redmi phone using a USB cable.
2. Now connect your device to a computer using a USB cable and launch ADB.
3. Next, use the below command to boot into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
4. You can check the connection in Fastboot mode using the command, it should return a serial number.
5. Install TWRP by running the below command. Make sure to rename the TWRP file to recovery and place it in the same ADB folder.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. After installing TWRP, disconnect your device from the PC and press and hold the Power and Volume Up key to boot into recovery mode. Release the buttons after Mi/Redmi logo appears. You will now directly boot into TWRP.
7. Now go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and then select Dalvik, Cache, System, Data, and Vendor options (do not select ‘Internal Storage’). Next, swipe to wipe.
8. Go for the Install option and select the MIUI 12 ROM from your device. Next swipe to install.
9. After the installation, again go to Wipe option and tap on Format Data. Now type yes to clean the device. It needed to get out of the encryption loop.
10. Now tap on Reboot System to finish the process.