The Chinese smartphone maker keeps stunning its fans by introducing affordable smartphones at a super compelling price. To complement this category, Xiaomi has smartphones including Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, and Mi 10T Lite.
These are successors to the much-popular Mi 10 series. Xiaomi Mi 10T series offers a better battery, improved performance, powerful cameras, and lightning-fast 5G connectivity.
These exceptional specifications and features are making Mi 10 series popular among buyers this season.
Already, the smartphone is bundled with top-notch software but users can even root Xiaomi Mi 10 devices to get some extra-ordinary features and fully flaunt the hardware.
It is quite easy to root Xiaomi Mi 10 devices but prior to that, we need to unlock the bootloader. It is the first and foremost step to gain root access on any Android smartphone.
Then a custom Recovery such as TWRP is flashed to facilitate the further process of rooting and installing any third-party Mod.
Then follow the below-mentioned steps so that you can start rooting your device.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Mi 10 smartphones
Warning: Bootloader unlocks wipes the data/internal storage. So, backup your personal and important files before proceeding.
- Enable Developer Mode by tapping the MIUI version 7 times after heading to the Settings > About Phone.
- Enable USB Debugging by heading to the Settings>Developer Option and toggle USB Debugging.
- Bind Mi Account by heading to Settings>>Additional Settings>>Developer Options>>Add account and device and login to your account.
- Turn off the device and then boot into the Fastboot mode (Volume Down +Power Button).
- Connect with PC/Laptop using a USB cable.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool from then extract it to a folder.
- Open Mi Flash Tool > Login with MI Account and let the tool verify your phone eligibility.
- Once the Phone is verified, the “Phone connected” text will appear.
- Now, press the Unlock button in the tool and then press the “Unlock anyway” button when prompted further.
- Upon successful completion, the tool will show “Unlocked successfully” text.
- Click on the Reboot phone.
Using the above steps you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader of Mi 10 phones.