OnePlus has recently released its latest custom skin OxygenOS 12, which is a successor of OxygenOS 11. It clearly means that with the help of this latest OS, company has upgraded its features and functions so that you can experience a better user interface. Also, we can say that in this upgraded version of OS you will find all new and better features that were lacking in the OxygenOS 11.
The new OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus devices is said to help you focus on, and move seamlessly between work, rest, and play. The OxygenOS 12 comes with several new features including, Work Life Balance 2.0, OnePlus Scout, better integration with the smartwatch, enhanced dark mode, Private safe, and more.
Today let’s talk about the OxygenOS 12 Private Safe, on the subject of security, Private Safe mode was earlier introduced with the ColorOS and now it is available with OxygenOS. In this Private Safe feature you can hide sensitive documents and photos behind a password which will increase the safety of your personal data in an enhanced manner without using any third-party app.
How to configure Private Safe in OxygenOS 12
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down the page.
- Select Privacy.
- Choose Private Safe.
- You’ll get a dialog box asking you to set a privacy password. Select Set password to do so.
- You’ll see a message that the privacy password controls features like App Lock, Hide Apps. Private Notes, and Private Safe.
- Hit Set unified password to continue
- Once you set up the privacy password, you’ll need to add a recovery email and security question so you can reset the password should you forget it.
- Once you set the email and security question, hit Start to finish configuring Private Safe.
Note: The privacy password should be different from your phone unlock code.
How to use Private Safe in OxygenOS 12
- Go to Setting.
- Select Privacy.
- Tap Private Safe.
- Now from here, you can add any of your data including photos videos and more.