In this article, we will tell you how to customize the Home screen in OxygenOS 12.
The home screen is the very first thing that you interact with to use your smartphone. It helps you to navigate through the device and makes it easier to use an app and feature. You can also customize the Home screen according to your need.
Learn to set wallpapers, widgets, and home settings to personalize your phone.
App icons and folders:
- Open the app drawer by swiping up from the home screen.
- In the drawer, press and drag an app icon to add it to the home screen.
- Drag an app icon onto another app on the home screen to create a folder.
- Long press a blank space on the home screen and select WALLPAPERS to set your home screen wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper.
Add widgets: Long press on a blank space from the home screen and select Widgets. Or press and hold the app icon and select
widgets. Then press a widget and drag it to the home screen.
Long press the blank space on the home screen and select HOME SETTINGS.
- Add icon to Home screen: When enabled, it will display an icon on the home screen after installing a new app.
- Swipe down to access: Swipe down from the home screen to access notifications & quick settings or shelf.
- Google: Swipe right from the home screen to show the Google search bar and Discover.
- Double-tap to lock: Double-tap on the blank area of the Home screen to turn the screen off and lock the device.
- Launcher layout: Choose between Home screen only and Home screen and Drawer.
- Quick search gestures: Choose how to access quick search, you can choose between swipe up
and hold or swipe up to search apps.
- Notification dots: Set the notification settings.
- Icon pack: Set up icon styles for preset apps and some third-party apps
- Home screen layout: Adjust the number of desktop grids and icon sizes. You can also set
whether to hide the app names.
- Hidden Space: To access, swipe right in the app drawer or swipe outwards with two fingers on
the home screen