The latest tips and tricks are about Galaxy S20 display settings. Here are how to activate the display settings on the Galaxy S20 devices:
How to activate One-handed mode on the Galaxy S20:
You can change the screen layout to accommodate operating your device with one hand.
- From Settings, tap Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- Tap Use One-handed mode to enable the feature and select one of the following options:
• Gesture: Swipe down in the center of the bottom edge of the screen.
• Button: Tap Home two times in quick succession to reduce the display size.
How to activate Lift to wake on the Galaxy S20:
Turn on the screen by lifting the device.
◌ From Settings, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Lift to wake to enable this feature.
How to activate Double tap to wake on the Galaxy S20:
Turn on the screen by double-tapping instead of using the Side key.
◌ From Settings, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Double tap to wake to enable this feature.
How to activate Accidental touch protection on the Galaxy S20:
Prevent the screen from detecting touch input while the device is in a dark place, such as a pocket or a bag.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Accidental touch protection to enable or disable the feature.
Some More Display Settings:
Increase the touch sensitivity of the screen for use with screen protectors.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Touch sensitivity to enable.
How to Show charging information on the Galaxy S20:
The battery level and the estimated time until the device is fully charged can be displayed when the screen is off.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Show charging information to enable.
How to Reduce animations on the Galaxy S20:
Decrease certain motion effects, such as when opening apps.
◌ From Settings, tap Advanced features > Reduce animations to enable the feature.
How to use Smart stay on the Galaxy S20:
Smart stay uses the front camera to detect your face so that the screen stays on while you are looking at it.
◌ From Settings, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Smart stay, and tap to enable the feature.
How to set Screen resolution on the Galaxy S20:
You can lower the screen resolution to save battery power, or increase it to sharpen the image quality.
1. From Settings, tap Display > Screen resolution.
2. Tap your preferred resolution, and then tap Apply.
NOTE: Some apps may not support higher or lower screen resolution settings and may close when you change the resolution.
How to enable Full screen apps on the Galaxy S20:
You can choose which apps you want to use in the full screen aspect ratio. ◌ From Settings, tap Display > Full screen apps and tap apps to enable this feature.
How to set Screen timeout on the Galaxy S20:
You can set the screen to turn off after a set amount of time.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Screen timeout, and tap a time limit to set it.
NOTE: Prolonged display of non-moving images, excluding Always On Display, may result in permanent ghost-like afterimages or degraded image quality. Turn off the display screen when not in use.
How to set Screen mode on the Galaxy S20:
Your device has several screen mode options that adjust the screen quality for different situations. You can select the mode according to your preference.
1. From Settings, tap Display > Screen mode.
2. Tap an option to set a different screen mode.
How to customize Font size and style on the Galaxy S20:
You can change the font size and style to customize your device.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Font size and style for the following options:
- Tap Font style to choose a different font.– Tap a font to select it, or tap Download fonts to add fonts from Galaxy Store.
- Tap Bold font to make all fonts appear with bold weight.
- Drag the Font size slider to adjust the size of text.
How to activate Blue light filter on the Galaxy S20:
The Blue light filter can help you sleep better if you use your device at night. You can set a schedule to automatically turn this feature on and off.
◌ From Settings, tap Display > Blue light filter, and then choose one of the following options:
- Drag the Opacity slider to set the opacity of the filter.
- Tap Turn on now to enable this feature.
- Tap Turn on as scheduled to set a schedule for when Blue light filter should be enabled. You can choose Sunset to sunrise or Custom schedule.
How to set Screen brightness on the Galaxy S20:
Adjust the screen brightness according to lighting conditions or personal preference.
1. From Settings, tap Display.
2. Customize options under Brightness:
Drag the Brightness slider to set a custom brightness level.
Tap Adaptive brightness to automatically adjust the screen brightness based on the lighting conditions.