Google started rolling out the Android 13 QPR1 Beta 3.1 update for eligible Pixel phones. This update is unveiled for Pixel devices as a part of fixes drops. The company brought a bunch of new fixes alongside many performance optimizations.
Notably, this new beta for the Pixels aims to fix the issue that bothers them with the previous update. It brings fixes for Google Assistant, Google Camera crushing, and latency issues while operating them.
Additionally, fixes the issue where Pixel phones sometimes displayed an incorrect ‘Missed Call’ notification instead of ‘Call answered on another device. When the call was answered remotely by Pixel Watch. And the device’s GPU drivers sometimes caused the system UI to freeze during normal device use.
However, the Android 13 QPR1 3.1 beta released for Google Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro, as well as the Android Emulator.
For more details, you can check the complete changelog mentioned below:
- Fixed a platform issue that caused apps to crash when they were using a MediaSession to handle input from hardware media playback buttons. (Issue #251798994, Issue #252665746, Issue #251381423, Issue #251513135, Issue #255500998)
- Fixed issues where a device’s GPU drivers sometimes caused the system UI to freeze during normal device use.
- Fixed an issue where Pixel phones sometimes displayed an incorrect “Missed call” notification instead of “Call answered on another device” when the call was answered remotely by Pixel Watch (in untethered mode).
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Google Camera app to crash.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Google Assistant from being activated by hotword on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that prevented motion-based gestures, such as “Lift to check phone” or “Flip to Shhh”, from working on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused artifacts to display when recording or viewing video on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Google Camera app to launch slowly.
- Fixed an issue for Pixel 6a devices that sometimes caused the CarrierSettings to crash when inserting a SIM card.
- Fixed that issue that prevented the “Go to browser” option in the notification shade from working while using an instant app.