Google announced the first Developer Preview of its new version of Android, Android 12, on 18 February 2021. With the new development version of Android 12, the company has made several major improvements and UI changes. In addition, the company also released incremental updates to provide high system stability to developers.
Looking ahead, the OEM plans to have a second Android 12 Developer Preview on March 17. This version can also resolve severe errors and instability of Android 12 OS. As before, the company has provided Pixel users a small update called Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2
As per the latest information, Google has rolled out a new software update, which is technically called Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2. This new software comes with a security patch released in April 2021 to improve the Pixel phone’s system security and a large number of bug fixes.
It should be noted that only Google Pixel users who have joined the Android 12 Developer Preview event can receive 2.2 updates automatically. When it comes to bug fixes and stability improvements, the changelog will reveal everything we need to know. For more information, you can check the official changelog below.
WHAT’S NEW IN ANDROID 12 DEVELOPERS PREVIEW 2.2: April 2021
If you’re already running a Developer Preview build, you will automatically receive an OTA update to Developer Preview 2.2.
This minor update to Android 12 Developer Preview 2 includes the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Settings app to crash when a user tried to access Bluetooth settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused widgets to be removed from the home screen after a user installed an OTA update.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications to be sent about low Bluetooth call quality even when call quality was currently unaffected.
- Fixed an issue that caused WiFi network passwords to not be saved in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the notification shade to be activated when typing on the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed an issue with Codec 2.0 that could cause apps to crash on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that could cause videos to be encoded incorrectly when shared.