After the first Android 14 beta update earlier this month, Google has now started rolling out the latest Android 14 beta version 1.1. The update adds a number of bug fixes related to the fingerprint sensor, SIM card errors, and more.
The update will be available to eligible pixel owners registered in the Android 14 beta program. The eligible Pixel phones include the Pixel 4a 5G and newer.
According to the changelog, the update fixes issues with fingerprint unlock, lock screen, Wallpaper & Style screen, and more. Most devices are getting this update with April 2023 security patch and software version UPB1.230309.017. The Pixel 6/6 Pro and 6a are getting software version UPB1.230309.017.A1 with March 2023 on Verizon.
We may soon see the Android 14 Beta 2 build next month, likely around Google I/O 2023.
How do I get the Android 14 Beta 1.1?
If you’re currently enrolled in the Android Beta Program, you will automatically get offered an over-the-air (OTA) update to Android 14 Beta 1.1. Eligible devices include Pixel 4a 5G, 5, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, 6a, 7, and 7 Pro series devices.
If your enrolled device is still running Android 13 QPR3 beta and you choose not to update to Android 14 Beta 1.1, you will continue to receive QPR3 Beta updates as they become available.
Note: it may take up to 24 hours to receive the OTA update on your device. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System updates. Thanks for your patience!
Android 14 Beta 1.1 (April 2023) Changelog:
This minor update to Android 14 Beta 1 includes the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the system UI crashed when trying to access the Wallpaper & Style screen either through the Settings app, or by long-pressing from the home screen. (Issue #277938424)
- Fixed some issues that prevented fingerprint unlock from being used. (Issue #272403537)
- Fixed an issue where the status bar did not display the mobile network. (Issue #277892134)
- Fixed an issue that prevented a SIM card or eSIM from being detected or activated in some cases. (Issue #278026119)
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen displayed a message with an unresolved string placeholder when Smart Lock was enabled. (Issue #278011057)
All eligible devices enrolled in the Android Beta for Pixel program will be offered an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 1.1.
Android 14 Beta 1.1 Download (via 9to5google):
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA