The Android 12 Developer Preview 2 is now available for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro!
As the name suggests, this build of Android 12 is best suited for developers and other advanced users, as it is still in an early stage of development. That said, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development, if you expect to use the device as a daily driver, or if you have no experience flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!
- Optimized the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized the mistouch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches
- New design
- Added widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions
- Optimized the page layout and the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Convenience & efficiency
- Added swiftly switch floated windows, make operation more convenient
- Optimized the frame rate performance under heavy-used scenes
- Added the feature that supported customize the display order of camera mode
- Optimized the zoom experience, make it zoom more smoothly
- Added the form of chart to display battery usage
- Newly supported pre-loading the apps that frequently used, to switch them on quickly
- Improved the response speed of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC
- The Camera does not support Xpan, and contains some stability issues
- This version does not support scrolling screenshot
- The icon of Bluetooth connection displays abnormally
- The icon of charging displays abnormally
- The Cloud Service is unavailable (India)
- The Camera app does not contain Hasselblad elements
- This version does not adapt some third-party apps
- The included Google Phone app does not feature call record functionality. This can be solved by updating the app in Play Store.
- Three-finger swipe down gesture or three-finger long-press gesture after using the screen recorder. This can be overcome by pressing Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously instead to screenshot.
You should understand there is a risk of BRICKING your phone, read the instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing. Please always backup your important data before flashing.
Ready to get started on the OxygenOS DP2 Beta?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
- Download links for OnePlus 9 Pro rollback packages:
- OnePlus 9 Pro IN
- OnePlus 9 Pro NA
- OnePlus 9 Pro EU
Due to stricter EU policies, OnePlus currently cannot supply an EU-specific build. However, installing the NA build works if you want to test out the Developer Preview ahead of the Open Beta builds.
JUNE 03, 2021 – Android 12 DP1
After the release of Google’s Android 12 first beta, OnePlus has also offered its latest flagships from the OnePlus 9 series to test it on. The company has released the beta update to these devices, however, the beta build was then taken back due to some issues.
Now, as per the latest info, the company is now rolling out new beta builds for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro smartphones that come as a hotfix version that fixes the issues which were caused by the original version.
The Android 12 beta for the OnePlus 9 devices is suitable for the high-end developers and some advanced users as its currently in the early stage. So, it’s important to take some measures in order to keep your personal data safe from vanishing.
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
- Probability of camera crash when HDR mode enabled.
You should understand there is a risk of Bricking your phone, read the instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing. Please always backup your important data before flashing.
Before you install note:
- These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum 3GB of storage space is available.
- Carrier version devices (TMO/VZW) aren’t compatible with the Developer Preview builds.