After Google dropped the first beta of Android 11 for its Pixel phones, other smartphone companies also joined the line. OnePlus, Oppo, Xiaomi, Realme have already announced the Android 11 beta program for their flagship smartphones, and now Vivo is joining the party.
Join our Vivo channel on Telegram:
Vivo is now offering the Android 11 Beta 1 for the Vivo Nex 3S and iQOO 3 4G/5G. Vivo confirms that there will be 2 Android 11 beta for the Vivo Nex 3S 5G, the iQOO 3 (China), and iQOO 3 5G/4G (India). The Android 11 Beta 1 has been released, and the second Android 11 beta will be released in late July 2020.
The Android 11 beta is meant strictly for the developers as there are several bugs. Some of them are:
● Problem using the on-screen fingerprint scanner.
● The pop-up camera is not working properly.
● The status bar display is abnormal: the camera hole and the rounded corner of the screen overlap the position of the status bar icon.
● The first time you start the Chrome browser, the “Turn on sync?” interface does not display the existing Google account login information.
● There are 2 system upgrade pages in the settings (one in “Settings> System update” and the other in “Settings> System> Advanced> System update”), users may be confused.
You can download the Android 11 beta from the links below. Downgrade builds are also mentioned, thanks to XDA.
- Vivo Nex 3S 5G:
- Vivo iQOO 3 (China)
- iQOO 3 5G/4G (India)
First, download the file mentioned for your device and move it on the root directory on phone. Use the local update method (Settings > System Update > Local Update) and choose the downloaded file.