ASUS introduced the first software update for the device shortly after launching the new ROG Phone 5 product line earlier this year. The update includes multiple optimizations for system stability, camera experience, armory, etc. Less than two weeks later, ASUS released another update for the device, which included more bug fixes and improvements.
However, this update does not include the latest Android security patches, and these phones are still limited to the January 2021 patch. Now, ASUS has finally released the March 2021 security patch for the ROG Phone 5 lineup, as well as more bug fixes and optimization features.
The latest update of ASUS ROG Phone 5 (version 18.0840.2103.26) includes the Android security patch for March 2021, and a new “visual enhancement” display setting in the scene profile for some popular games, as well as many bug fixes and improvements.
Asus will release updates in batches, so it may take a while to release on ROG Phone 5. You can go to the “System Update” section in the device settings to check if the latest firmware is available for your device or not.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021-03
- Support “Visual enhancement” display setting in the scenario profile of Arena of Valor, PUBG, and Call of Duty
- Steady Charging supports a wider range: within or outside scheduled charging period
- Adjusted the visual movement logic of Always-on Panel
- Fixed the bug where exiting a game through gestures, the popup toast would be cut off by the edge of the display
- Fix the issue where Google News could cause a sudden reboot
- Fixed the issue where Always-on display would continuously be in low brightness
- Fixed issue of ROG Vision console disappearing after the phone is connected to a USB Type-C dongle
- Optimized the time to reconnect to internet after switching to Wi-Fi
- Optimize restart speed
- Fixed issue where refusing the permission request of “Music” atmospheric lights twice in a row, the “Music” atmospheric lights cannot be turned on
- Fixed the issue of distorted or missing pictures of ‘People’ albums in the wallpaper carousel