According to the OnePlus community announcement, the ColorOS 12 closed beta recruitment has started for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro and OnePlus 8T, based on the new Android 12 system experience, the recruitment time is November 10-11. 12:00 on the 12th.
- This is the ColorOS 12 upgrade internal test recruitment, and this upgrade involves operating system switching, in order to avoid data loss during the upgrade process, please make a data backup before the upgrade!
- After successfully registering and passing the review, you will receive the beta version one after another. There are potential risks of the internal beta version.
【Instructions for Application】
1. Since this internal test version is still in the development stage, the system stability has certain potential risks and poor experience. The version may have some bugs, abnormal power consumption, and other issues. If you pursue long-term stable use of mobile phones, please register carefully.
2. Before upgrading, please back up important personal data in advance to avoid data loss due to incompatibility or other circumstances after the upgrade.
3. There are still many commonly used third-party applications that are not compatible with Android 12, such as Bank of China, personal income tax, and Kuaishou. After the upgrade, third-party applications may not work normally. The compatibility of third-party applications depends on the adaptation of each manufacturer to the Android 12 system. If you often and must use the third-party applications in the list, it is recommended to wait for the stable version.
How to register for the beta program:
1. Please make sure that the mobile phone version has been upgraded to the basic version (the version number view method: Settings> About phone> Version number)
OP8 Pro: HydrogenOS 184.108.40.206.IN11
OP8: HydrogenOS 220.127.116.11.IN21
OP8T: HydrogenOS 18.104.22.168.KB05
2. Application method:
Step 1: Please complete the recruitment appointment questionnaire and fill in the basic information (OnePlus 8 series questionnaire) (OnePlus 8T questionnaire).
Step 2: Then complete the answers to questions 1-14 and submit the answer sheet. (The higher the answer score, the higher the chance of passing the review)
After the recruitment is over, the management staff will conduct a qualification review based on the user’s questionnaire fill-in status, and the review will be notified by SMS.
According to the OnePlus community manager, it can only go from HydrogenOS OTA to ColorOS 12, and the OnePlus 8 series cannot go from the early adopter OTA to ColorOS 12. At that time, users who have the early adopter version need to go back again. Then perform an OTA upgrade.