UPDATE 2: May 24 (04:51 ET) – OPPO A95, A74 ColorOS 12 (Android 12) stable update
In early April, Oppo started Android 12-based ColorOS 12 beta testing for the Oppo A74 and A95. Almost two months later, these smartphones are now released with stable updates. Following the shared schedule for May, Oppo has started rolling out the ColorOS 12 stable update for the above handsets.
The smartphone should have received the Android 12 stable update on May 24. For those unaware, the Oppo A74 and Oppo A95 were released exclusively in Indonesia.
Hence, the latter two phones are also receiving the update simultaneously as they are basically the same device. As per the official announcement post on Oppo Community, the update comes with firmware version C.09 for both handsets.
Users need to navigate to Settings > Software Update to download and install the update. The OTA software build for these smartphones is being pushed in batches. Therefore, some users may get them earlier, while others may have to wait.
UPDATE 1: Dec 14 (04:15 ET) – OPPO A95 ColorOS 12 (Android 12) public beta recruitment begins
Now, OPPO has started the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 public beta recruitment for the OPPO A95 5G smartphone in China. The deadline for registration is December 15th at 15:00. After installing the beta update, you can get the experience of ColorOS 12 features on your smartphone.
ColorOS 12 comes with a bundle of new features including a sleek-looking UI design, instant connection capabilities, funnier and inserting Emojis, more privacy control options, and more.
- OPPO A95 5G Full Netcom Edition
- OPPO A95 5G mobile customized version
- December 13th-December 15th at 15:00
- OPPO A95 5G Full Netcom Edition – A.09 and above
- OPPO A95 5G mobile customized version – A.09 and above
How to Register?
- Please make sure that the phone version has been upgraded to the basic version. (How to check the version number: Settings> About phone> Version information> Version number)
- Please click the “Settings> Software Update> Settings button in the upper right corner> Upgrade early adopters> Upgrade public beta” on the phone, and then apply according to the prompts.