Huawei is gradually expanding its monthly security updates for different devices. In this line, the Chinese smartphone maker recently started to send the September 2021 EMUI security updates for 12 Huawei and Honor phones.
According to the information, the Huawei EMUI and Magic UI September and July 2021 updates are rolling out for the Huawei Enjoy 10e, 20 SE, Play4, X10 Max, Play 9A, Honor 30 series, V30 series and Play 4 Pro smartphones.
Devices receiving September 2021 Update:
- Huawei Enjoy 10e (EMUI 10.1.0.202)
- Huawei Enjoy 20 SE (EMUI 10.1.1.163)
- Honor 30 Youth Edition (Magic UI 126.96.36.199)
- Honor Play4 (Magic UI 188.8.131.52)
- Honor X10 Max (Magic UI 184.108.40.206)
- Honor Play 9A (Magic UI 220.127.116.11)
The mentioned smartphones are receiving corresponding software versions with September 2021 security patch. This patch fixes 2 critical, 18 high levels, and 13 other vulnerabilities rectify by Huawei. It also addresses 4 CVEs that were already been in the past bulletin.
Devices receiving July 2021 Update:
- Honor 30 (Magic UI 18.104.22.168)
- Honor 30 Pro (Magic UI 22.214.171.124)
- Honor 30 Pro Plus (Magic UI 126.96.36.199)
- Honor V30 (Magic UI 188.8.131.52)
- Honor V30 Pro (Magic UI 184.108.40.206)
- Honor Play 4 Pro (Magic UI 220.127.116.11)
The Hone 30, V30, Play 4 series phones are receiving July 2021 security update fixes 21 high, and 28 medium levels of CVE, which defend the device against threats.
The latest update for the above-mentioned devices is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading the devices. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although the upgrade procedure won’t erase your data, it’s still recommended.
Furthermore, maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.