You can also read this tutorial on Huawei Central.
And today, we brought a guide to show you how to upgrade your Huawei/Honor smartphone to this latest version of EMUI.
Before you upgrade:
1. Make sure your device that there’s no pending update left to install, you can check it by going into Settings > System > Software update.
2. Before start upgrading, you must have a strong WiFi connection and we recommend installing system updates when your battery is at least 50% charged.
3. Ensure you have a minimum of 5GB internal storage left in your device.
4. Do not forget to take a back up of your important data to ensure you don’t any files during the upgrade process.
How to update:
Check for the update via Settings:
Go to Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates.
Check for Upgrade Via HiCare:
You can also upgrade to EMUI 10.0 through HiCare App. Before you start, ensure your device has the latest version of the HiCare app for a better experience. Open HiCare APP, go to Me Section -> Settings ->Check for Updates to update the HiCare version.
To check for update via HiCare App > Update > Check for Updates.
Note: You will receive the upgraded version within 2 hours. There might be a slight delay due to a large number of applicants.
Check for upgrade via HiSuite:
This is an official tool that allows your Huawei and Honor device to Windows/Mac PC. Follow the steps to update Huawei/Honor smartphone to EMUI 10 via the HiSuite.
1. Download the HiSuite.
2. Connect the Huawei phone with PC using a standard USB cable.
3. Open the HiSuite app on your PC.
4. In the HiSuite, you will see the device model number, just click on “Update” located at the bottom right of the HiSuite.
5. Now follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
6. Once done, the device will automatically boot to the latest EMUI 10 update.