Huawei is now rolling out a new software update for the Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro smartphones. The latest update brings EMUI 10.0.0.143. Read below for more details.
- Huawei P20: EML-AL00
- Huawei P20: EML-TL00
- Huawei P20 Pro: CLT-AL00, CLT-AL01, CLT-AL00l
- Huawei P20 Pro: CLT-TL00, CLT-TL01
Due to version restrictions, for the EMUI 10.0.0.143, you must be running EMUI 10.0.0.134/22.214.171.1246/126.96.36.1996patch02/188.8.131.526patch03/184.108.40.2069, otherwise, there will not be any software update.
How to check for the software updates?
If you want to check for the update manually, you can head into the device Settings then tap on the Software update under System and then go to Check for updates.
Before you upgrade:
1. If the HiCare app is not installed on your device, please go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download and install it. (If HiCare is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery.)
2. Make sure your device that there’s no pending update left to install, you can check it by going into Settings > System > Software update.
3. We recommend installing system updates when your battery is at least 50% charged.
4. Ensure you have a minimum of 5GB internal storage left in your device.
5. In case of data loss, we strongly suggest you to backup your data and complete all system updates through System Update (Settings > System > System update) before your upgrade to EMUI 10.
How to update:
Update via Settings:
Go to Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates > Download and install.
Upgrade Via HiCare:
You can also upgrade to EMUI 10.0 through HiCare App. Before you start, ensure your device has the latest version of the HiCare app for a better experience.
Open HiCare APP, go to Me Section -> Settings ->Check for Updates to update the HiCare version.
Note: You will receive the upgraded version within 2 hours. There might be a slight delay due to a large number of applicants.