The EMUI 12 first beta update officially starts rolling out for the Huawei P40 and Mate 30 smartphone, which has registered before. The eligible phones are installing a huge changelog, to experience the latest features and capabilities in the device.
According to the reporting of HuaweiCentral, the users will be getting an intuitive interface and a multi-device section in the control panel for a better smart collaboration experience. Speaking of which, it includes a neumorphic UI design, flexible font adjustment, smart folders, and others.
The EMUI 12 first beta update comes with the EMUI version 126.96.36.199 for the respective models. This download package has been mounted on a huge installation size of about 5.68GB. Even so, the changelog won’t disappoint the users of the global variants specified below.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
(Image Source: HuaweiCentral)
EMUI 12 Beta:
As mentioned earlier, the update log is supposed to completely change the UI in the eligible smartphones by adding new abilities inspired by HarmonyOS 2. Below, you can check the full changelog to know more about the modifications.
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the size and weight with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neumorphism to Ul elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
- Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them for easier access to the apps within them.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left side of the screen to access the Notification Panel to view notifications, and from the top right side to access the Control Panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control section to Control Panel, making it easier to switch between different audio devices and audio apps.
Smart Life in All Scenarios:
- Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
Cross-Device File Management:
- Supports accessing documents or images on your phone using a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
Users who participated in the beta test can check for this update just Go to Settings > open System & updates > tap on Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If the update is available, it’ll pop up on your screen, click download and install.
For, your information, the beta update might consist of some bugs that are gradually resolved with the next updates. Thereby, you need to be careful after updating your device. In addition, there are some points you need to remember before proceeding with the installation.
- The changelog is huge, so check the storage and battery level while updating the device
- Prepare the backup of your important contacts, files, and data in advance
- Use a stone WiFi, so the installation process won’t stuck in between
- Wait until the download completes