We are at the beginning of September and Huawei has released the September 2021 EMUI Security patch details for Huawei devices for stable system performance. The devices will soon get these security fixes via OTA update, which help to provide better security for the data.
However, Huawei consumers are still waiting to receive the August 2021 security patch, as the company still sending July and June security update for improved system security.
In the meantime, the latest EMUI 12 has caught the attention of users. It brings more enhanced features compared to EMUI 11. It namely includes a minimalist design, new UI, transitions effects, notification center, device + feature, and more.
To be mentioned, the company initially launched the Huawei Nova 8 with pre-pack EMUI 12 in early August. To date, this smartphone has been entered the market of Mexico, South Africa, the Philippines, Malaysia, UAE, and soon more markets will open.
However, the company didn’t reveal EMUI 12 rollout scheduled or any further info regarding the latest EMUI software. This sudden arrival of EMUI 12 in between the HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout is certainly a big surprise for the users.
For now, let’s focus on the Android-based EMUI security notes that will solve the momentary problems in the devices.
What’s new in the September 2021 EMUI Security Patch:
It serves 2, critical 18 high level, and 13 other vulnerabilities rectify by Huawei. It also addresses 4 CVEs that were already been included in previous updates. Check the details below-
The following are the CVE announced in September 2021 EMUI security update Android security bulletin.
- Critical: CVE-2021-1976, CVE-2021-1972
- High: CVE-2021-0591, CVE-2021-0593, CVE-2021-0640, CVE-2021-0641, CVE-2021-0642, CVE-2021-0646, CVE-2021-0584, CVE-2021-1939, CVE-2021-1947, CVE-2020-14381, CVE-2021-1904, CVE-2021-0573, CVE-2021-0574, CVE-2021-0576, CVE-2021-0579, CVE-2021-0580, CVE-2021-0581, CVE-2021-0582
- Medium: None
- Low: None
- Already Included in Previous Updates: CVE-2019-9239, CVE-2019-9238, CVE-2019-9309, CVE-2021-0592
Issues Fixed in September 2021 Patch:
Huawei addresses a total of 13 CVEs that include 4 medium and 9 high-level vulnerabilities that are mainly found in EMUI 9, EMUI 10, and Magic UI 3. Scroll down for more details-
- CVE-2021-22376: Logic bypass vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22325: Video streaming vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22486: Unstandardized field names
- CVE-2021-22436: Logic bypass vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22435: Logic bypass vulnerability
- CVE-2021-33909: Privilege escalation vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22372: Logic bypass vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22370: Improper verification vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22343: Logic bypass vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22334: Malicious Wi-Fi construction vulnerability
- CVE-2021-37009: Multi-user settings vulnerability
- CVE-2021-37027: DoS vulnerability
- CVE-2021-22322: Logic bypass vulnerability
(Via: HC Newsroom)
Huawei expanding Huawei Mate Xs June 2021 security update for more users globally