After completing the EMUI 11 beta testing, Huawei has released the stable version of EMUI 11 to the users in China. While the global users are still waiting for the stable version which is scheduled for March 2021 as per the official roadmap.
Meanwhile, Huawei is sending the latest software update for the Mate 20 series in China. (Via – Huawei Central) Although the update will soon be expanded to other regions as well in the coming days. This latest firmware for the Huawei Mate 20 can be identified with the EMUI version 184.108.40.206 which is updated from 220.127.116.11.
Below you can check the updated models of the Huawei Mate 20 series
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
As the changelog suggests, the new update brings new optimizations for MeeTime and improvements for connection stability between devices to enhance the user’s experience. Further, it does not add any new features to the devices.
Besides this Huawei has also removed the Mate 20 smartphones from the list of January 2021 monthly security patch device list. While the Mate 20 X 5G and Mate 20 Lite are still listed to get further security patches.
How to Download:
Download via Settings:
- Go to settings
- Click on System & updates
- Then open software updates
- Tap on the check for updates option
- Then download and install the update, if available
- After installation, reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open support app on your device
- Go to the service tab
- Click on the update button
- then tap on Check for update option
- Click on download if the update is available
- After the download, reboot the device for installation
For Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Optimizes the MeeTime
For Mate 20 X 4G:
- Optimizes the use if cooperating with some equipment
- Optimizes the stability of connection with the speaker.