Back in September 2020, Huawei has announced the EMUI 11 OS during the event. And soon after the announcement, the company has started testing beta with its top-end models including P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro.
After sending the latest features of the EMUI 11 to the above-mentioned devices, the Chinese tech giant has also begun the beta program for the Mate 20 users. These smartphones have also received the stable version in China and now the company is sending the latest EMUI 11 for the Mate 20 users.
The EMUI 11 brings several new changes and improvements over the previous version including the new and advanced AOD (Always on display), multi-window mode, new animations, subtle UI effects, better smart features, and many more.
Huawei Mate 20 models for EMUI 11
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X
As of now, there is no confirmation about the Mate 20 X 5G version, as to when it will get the update. While the other models including Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 X are getting the EMUI 11 version 184.108.40.206, which comes along with an update size of 1.86GB.
It is with mentioning that this new update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time to reach your device. Also, the EMUI version and the size may vary depending on the country/regions or models. If you have received the update on your device then check the download steps below.
How to check for update:
Download via Settings:
Open Settings > then click on System & updates. After opening a Software update, tap on Check for updates option. If the update is available to download then click Download and install. And after installation Reboot the device.
Download via Support app:
Open the Support app on your device and then go to the Service tab. Click on the Update button and then tap on Check for update option. If the update is available then click on Download and install. After installation Reboot the device.
EMUI 11 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
(Via – Huawei Central)