Other than the latest smartphones, Huawei is also taking care of its older phones by sending new updates. According to the latest news (Via – Huawei Central), the older Huawei phone, Huawei P10 Lite is now receiving a new update with September 2020 security patch.
The new update installs the latest security for the device to keep it protected against threats. The new firmware for the Huawei P10 Lite comes with an update size of 2.73GB. Users can identify this update bearing EMUI 8.0 version 22.214.171.1248.
Besides the big update size and the latest security improvements, there is no such new changes or features that are noticed with this update. Currently, Europe-based users of Huawei P10 Lite are getting the September 2020 security patch and it will soon be available for the users in other regions as well.
Talking about the previous update, this smartphone lastly received the update in November that introduced some new features and improvements to the device. The update improved the camera functions and added the Huawei assistant feature. It also fixed the lock screen and emergency SOS issues.
Users can easily download the latest update on their device with the simple steps give below.
Download via Settings:
- Go to settings
- Click on System & updates
- Then open software updates
- Tap on the check for updates option
- Then download and install the update, if available
- After installation, reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open support app on your device
- Go to the service tab
- Click on the update button
- Then tap on Check for update option
- Click on download if the update is available
- After the download, reboot the device for installation
- Security: Integrates Android security patches released in September 2020 for improved system security.
- September 2020 Security Patch Details: September 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 3 critical and 19 high levels of CVEs.