Earlier this month, Huawei P20 Lite grabbed the June 2021 security patch and now Huawei has sent the October 2021 update for global variants in a single month. It’s quite surprising for the company to make the rollouts this much fast outside China, but here we are ended up welcoming two EMUI updates on P20 Lite.
According to the information coming from HuaweiAilesi, October 2021 security update that is integrated for the P20 lite comes with EMUI 126.96.36.1997 version. Furthermore, the package size is about 231MB, easily downloadable over the personal data network. However, we suggest you check battery and storage before the update process.
Debuted back in 2018, the Huawei P20 stop after getting EMUI 9.1 major version. Still, the company is sending regular updates considering its popularity among global consumers. Yet, the latest firmware only brought the October patch, whose changelog is mentioned below-
Find More on RPRNA:
- Huawei P20 September 2021 security update released [CN]
- Huawei P20 Pro July 2021 security update starts rolling out
- Huawei P20 Lite June 2021 security patch starts releasing
Here’s How to Download the Update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Things to Remember:
- The Huawei P20 Lite October 2021 update will be carried out within a period of one to two weeks
- It will be automatically deleted when the update download is complete
- Installation packages may vary corresponding to the different regions
- It won’t delete any personal data, but we advise that you back up important data before updating
- If you have problems during the update, call the Huawei customer service line or visit a Huawei customer service center