According to the latest news (Via – Huawei Central), Huawei is sending the latest update to the Huawei P20 Lite users that comes with the November 2020 security patch. The security updates install improved security to protect your device against threats and enhances the overall performance.
This latest firmware is currently available in Europe. The update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some time to reach your device. Once it arrived on the smartphone, users can identify the update with the latest EMUI 9.1 version 184.108.40.2062 and it carries an update size of 221MB.
As the changelog suggests, other than the security improvements, the update does not add any new feature to the device. Users can download this update by simply following the steps given below.
Download via Settings:
- Go to settings
- Click on System & updates
- Then open software updates
- Tap on the check for updates option
- Then download and install the update, if available
- After installation, reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open support app on your device
- Go to the service tab
- Click on the update button
- then tap on Check for update option
- Click on download if the update is available
- After the download, reboot the device for installation
Version: Huawei P20 Lite smartphone users getting EMUI 9.1 version 220.127.116.112 with an update size of 221MB.
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in November 2020 for improved system security.
November 2020 Security Patch Details: November 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVEs.