The global users of Huawei P30 and P30 Pro have already received the November 2020 security patch and now according to the latest news (Via – Huawei Central), Huawei has begun sending these security improvements to the users in China.
Aside from the latest security, this update does not add any new features to the devices. Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users can identify this update with the EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.170 which is updated from 10.1.0.169.
Security updates are important for any smartphone as they bring the latest security improvements to keep your device safe against threats. If you haven’t received the notification for the latest update on your device then you can also check for the update manually.
There are two different methods for downloading updates on your smartphone:
Download via Settings:
- Go to settings
- Click on System & updates
- Then open software updates
- Tap on the check for updates option
- Then download and install the update, if available
- After installation, reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open support app on your device
- Go to the service tab
- Click on the update button
- then tap on Check for update option
- Click on download if the update is available
- After the download, reboot the device for installation
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in November 2020 for improved system security.
November 2020 Security Patch Details: November 2020 security update install security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Honor phones including 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVEs.